ACD, Experience Designer (UX, Research, Product)
What we are looking for:
Valtech’s Experience Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. We're seeking an experienced Associate Creative Director (UX) – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong background in user experience and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
As an Associate Creative Director (UX), you'll lead our most complex and innovative projects, creating experiences used by millions of people every day. You should have knowledge of the way products should work and a deep understanding and appreciation of what users want and need when it comes to digital media. The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across many touch points, including web, mobile, social, tablet, and in-store.
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents, we contribute $2500 cash towards your family HSA
401K Matching immediately vested.
Minimum of 30 days PTO.
Up to 8 Weeks Parental Leave.
Home office set up stipend.
2pm Summer Fridays.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic vision, and direction that drives and delivers award winning and impactful work
- Monitor projects from the very start and oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design
- Shape guide and direct the work and elevate the craft of design within the company
- Build and sustain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Stay current with recent design methodologies, trends, and techniques. Proactively search for and recommend new best practices
- Collaborate as leadership to participate in sales pitches, scoping and securing new business that helps shape and build an amazing portfolio of brands
- Help to manage and mentor other designers and play a major role in business development
- Strong leadership and 8+ years’ experience in digital design at a senior level or higher, preferably in an agency, larger studio, or advertising environment
- Desire to be a hands-on creative who is willing to get their hands dirty
- Masterful communicator, who knows how to get their point across with a passion and enthusiasm that motivates colleagues to innovate and can present and gracefully defend great work
- Ability to thrive under pressure and crazy deadlines, juggling multiple projects and deliver to dozens of stakeholders
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, timelines, budgets, and availability changes. Someone who can roll with it and has a solutions-based mindset
- Passion for innovation, creativity, partnership, and storytelling plus an understanding of how well-executed design supports business imperatives
- Desire to be a strategic product owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward—we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better
Here’s a little about us: