Senior Visual Designer
(UI / Visual / Brand)
What we are looking for:
Valtech’s Experience Design Team is a collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, UI, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. We're seeking an experienced Senior Visual Designer (UI) – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong background in classic design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
The Senior Visual Designer (UI) can sketch
out their ideas quickly and articulate complex ideas in a simple and clear way.
He/she/they take insights and research provided by Strategy and turn them
into actionable concepts, design systems and interfaces. Relentless
attention to detail and a high level of craft is required to create high
fidelity compositions and design systems at a fast pace for diversified
solutions across a range of platforms.
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents, we contribute $2500 cash towards your family HSA
401K Matching immediately vested.
Minimum of 30 days PTO.
Up to 8 Weeks Parental Leave.
Home office set up stipend.
2pm Summer Fridays.
- As a Senior Visual Designer (UI), you'll design for a diverse range of complex and innovative projects, creating experiences used by millions of people every day.
- Define brand concepts, positioning, look and feels and design systems that work across multiple applications
- Create style guides, mockups, business rules, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe and visualize the intended user experience
- As it pertains to UI, help design and create user testing sessions and present findings and recommendations
- Build and sustain effective working relationships internally and externally Stay current with recent design methodologies, trends and techniques. Proactively search for and recommend new best practices
- Mentor other more junior designers and play a role in helping build a dynamic design culture
- 5+ years proven agency or studio experience across a variety of industries, creating interfaces, large-scale digital experiences or applications
- Excellence at strategically designing brand experiences across multiple channels, including web, mobile and native applications. Experiential, physical, and voice are a plus
- Knowledge of the way products should work and a deep understanding and appreciation of what users want and need when it comes to digital and interactive media.
- A hands-on creative who is willing to get their hands dirty
- A strategic thinker, a team player, and excited to lead with a solutions-oriented mindset. We need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better.
- Full understanding of how to identify the true needs of users through assessing research, Customer Journey Mapping and applying the insights to the design strategy and business needs.
- A master communicator, who knows how to get their point across with a passion and enthusiasm that motivates colleagues to innovate and can present and gracefully defend great work
- A person who’s great under pressure, able to thrive under crazy deadlines, juggling multiple projects and deliver to dozens of stakeholders
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, timelines, budgets, and availability changes. Someone who is able to roll with it and has a solutions-based mindset
- Passion for innovation, creativity, partnership and storytelling plus an understanding of how well-executed design supports business imperatives
- Figma, Sketch should be core elements of your toolbox. Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Here’s a little about us: