Who We Are:
At Valtech, our employees are our best asset, and because we believe that, we believe in recruiting from a very diverse pool of exceptionally unique and talented individuals. As such, that’s exactly who we are: a multi-cultural bunch of ambitious digital natives, innovators, makers and doers thriving in an international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment.
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, Group Benefit Plan, and a Health & Wellness program
- We offer a career, not just a job. Your personal and professional development is important to us (ask us about Valtech Academy)
- We provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance
- Honesty, openness, and respect are among our core values
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
If you want to learn more follow this link: What Makes us Special
Valtech Values: SHARE DARE CARE
Want to be part of a great company? Then join our fast-growing business/team and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be an active member on client project teams playing a hands-on role in producing client solutions. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers and effectively lead a development stream on a project.
A successful Full Stack Developer is highly adaptable, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally towards specific goals, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on writing great code and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you will do:
- Working closely with our project managers, business analysts, QA teams, and solution architects to own and deliver high quality and high performing solutions on time and on budget to our clients
- Working with the Solution Architect, define highly detailed specifications for the technical solution
- Provide knowledge in the resolution of frontend and backend issues
- Create elegant and powerful code regardless of the application framework
- Setup the project development environment at the commencement of the project
- Enforce development best practices within the team
- Code reviews with the development team
- Supervise, mentor, and coach developers
- Work independently with the client technical lead
- Prepare and execute demos and training sessions on the technical solution
- Write technical documentation for the delivered solution
- Provide effort estimates on work packages
- Production deployments
- Advice on the technical solution, while owning the implementation
What you should have:
- 4 or more years of web application development experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude and skilled communicator who is able to identify gaps and pitch ideas internally and externally
- Excellent programming skills in at least one object-oriented or functional language (Ideally DotNet)
- Experience with the successful delivery of several digital projects
- Working experience with a leading CMS platform(s) is a plus, including but not limited to Sitecore or Optimizely (Episerver)
- Experience integrating with third-party services
- Experience designing and building business and data layers and functional libraries
- Experience with creating and consuming web services
- Knowledge of agile principles - scrum, backlog, etc.
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Be passionate about code and continuing education
- Agency Experience is a plus!
People Are at the Heart of Everything We Do
We embrace a mindset of “We before Me,” and we don’t just say it, we live it. Working for years together on client projects across countries and offices in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams has driven Valtech to be a truly connected global agency.
We call it OneValtech.
This has fostered our informal culture built on mutual respect, freedom, and accountability with humans at the very center of everything we do.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences
Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn more about our commitment to diversity and Inclusion at Valtech: https://www.valtech.com/en-ca/...